Description: Emergency Response Technicians will be responsible for performing the following:
– Basic Life Support
– Operation of EMS response vehicles
– Assist mutual aid fire department activities
– Light maintenance of vehicles and equipment
– Light janitorial and landscaping duties
– Other duties as assigned by the Director
– At least 21 years of age
– Possess valid Maryland EMT-B (or higher), CPR and all required state training
– Possess valid state driver’s license
– Available for a minimum of 72 hours per month (BLS employees are staffed 24/7)
Must possess or obtain within probationary period
– ICS 100, 200 & 700
– Completion of training in Bloodborne Pathogens, HIPAA & emergency vehicle operations
Applicants will be required to submit to a criminal background check, drug / alcohol screening and provide verification for all certifications / licenses as a condition of employment.
Department Background: The Kent & Queen Anne’s Rescue Squad is a volunteer/career, non-profit organization that provides primary ALS/BLS care to the Chestertown area. The department also provides water/dive response and rescue/hazardous material support services to surrounding companies. The department responds to over 1900 calls for service per year from one station located in Chestertown, Kent County, Maryland. The department operates 3 ALS equipped ambulances, 2 boats, ATV and other support vehicles.